Birkbeck Library have agreed that, upon completion of the necessary registration form, all London Art History Society members can use Birkbeck Library at the same rates and conditions as alumni users:
- reference access: £35 per annum
- borrowing up to 5 items: £70 per annum
Although London Art History Society members currently enrolled for Birkbeck courses will normally be entitled to use Birkbeck Library, this new benefit of London Art History Society membership may be useful to members who have completed their certificate or who are taking a break between courses.
Please note the following restrictions:
- Members will not have access to Library computers or printing facilities. There is a walk-in access computer with restricted access to the internet and those electronic resources licensed for walk-in access.
- Borrowing excludes one-day loans.
- Members may not request material that is on loan.
- There is no access to the interlibrary loans and postal loans (LAMP) services.
How to apply
- Before applying to Birkbeck Library please obtain a letter of authorisation, which will state your current period of membership of The London Art History Society, from the Secretary or the Membership Secretary. The letter will be sent by post to the address in our membership database.
- Download the registration form. Please print and complete this form and sign and date it.
- Take the completed form to the Library with a small (passport-sized) photograph, your letter of authorisation and some form of photo ID. Payment can be made in cash or with a credit or debit card, but not by cheque.
We wish to record our appreciation of the members of Birkbeck Library staff who have agreed to make this facility available to London Art History Society members.