Become a member
Join our Society of like-minded people who share a curiosity and passion for art history and enjoy learning more through stimulating lectures, events and courses across a wide range of topics on art and architecture.
Single membership costs just £25 for one year
Joint membership (two members living at the same address) costs £45 for one year
Subscriptions run for one year from the date you join us.
Applications for membership will be reviewed and will be approved if we have capacity. There may be a short delay before approval is given and payment sought.
- Admission to our lectures which are held in the evening at least six times a year, followed by a glass of wine and the opportunity to socialise and discuss the lecture with other members and the speaker.
- A copy of our annual journal London Art History Society Review which contains articles related to art history.
- Monthly e-bulletins on art history events and exhibitions in and around London.
- Access to reasonably-priced courses and events organised by the Society, and art tours in the UK and Europe.
- Free access to Birkbeck Library on a reference only basis.
How to Join
Applications to join the Society may be made online by clicking the join button at the bottom of the “Join online via WebCollect” box in the right-hand column on this page, or click here. All applications will be reviewed and membership will be authorised if we have space. There may be a short delay before online applications are authorised and payment is sought.
Alternatively applications can be made by post. A paper form can be downloaded for printing from the “Join with pen and paper” block again in the right column of this page.
If you have any questions about membership, please feel free to contact the Membership Secretary.
tel:0843 289 4663 and leave a message including your name and phone number.
c/o Tudor Cottage, Stoke Prior, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 0LG
Privacy and Data Protection
Join online via WebCollect
The London Art History Society uses WebCollect to manage its online membership system (and event ticket bookings). WebCollect is easy to use and secure, and credit / debit card payments are managed via PayPal.
Join with pen and paper
If you would like to join the Society or renew your existing membership, but would prefer to do so using more traditional methods, you can download, print, complete and post us your enrolment or renewal form. In this case, payment can be made by bank transfer or cheque.